We have a small IT team in the company I work for, with a few IT guys on the east coast and a couple on the west. One of them has the same first name as me.
Now this isn't a big deal, but when it comes to email most people don't know, or just can't remember the email address of all their friends let alone all their work colleagues, so people end up relying on address books to do auto-completes and provide the email address they're after.
You can already see where this is going. Every now and then I get included on a systems administration email by accident when the sender meant to get the other guy, but didn't check the full name before hitting send.
Its always confusing for me, not because of the subject matter of the email, but some stupid part of me feels flattered that the sender thought I'd have some meaningful contribution to their request for help, even though I know they meant to include the other guy.
I can't workout why that part of me gets a buzz from it. Guess I'm just starved for direct positive reinforcement in my workplace...
No comments:
Post a Comment