I drag my skateboard with me on the bus and train every day as I commute to work. It's been just over 2 years since I started doing this, and I can definitely say there has been a noticeable growth in the popularity of people now carrying these things around.
Before I started skating, there only be one or two occassions where I'd spot someone carrying a board. But now it has risen in popularity to the point where I now regularly see a couple of people a week, at least.
When I used to ride a motorcycle, most riders would nod to each other as they passed in traffic. It was some sort of acknowledgement that we were a minority and only seconds away from a terrifying accident or death. But here is my question: Should skateboards do a 'nod' to each other when they pass on public transport? There are moments where we make eye contact and it seems as though the quesiton is floating through their mind as well.
My conclusion: .... I don't think so. They've all got a reputation as ratbags for a reason! ha ha ha ha.
P.S. It's not called a "wheely plank"!
No comments:
Post a Comment