This hasn't happened to me in ages, partly due to now refusing to go to the supermarket during the peak hours, but also the extended trading hours also mean that its easier to go late in the afternoon/evening with the oddball people, rather than the crazy people crowd.
But what I used to get alot of, was when in the checkout queue, the person behind is so close with their trolley that it's smacking into the back of my ankles. It's as if by putting pressure on me, I will then somehow make the checkout person work faster. Or perhaps they hope I'll pay the passive-aggressive irritation forward, until it reaches the helpless soul who is currently being served.
A quiet stare, or even just nudging the trolley back usually brings that to an end, but it rarely illicited an apology, just a sullen glance.
This is all in the past though, as I seem to be managing to avoid these queues at the moment. But where I am now getting this behaviour is in the airlines check-in queues. Next time you are flying somewhere and you're in the long queue to check your bags in, just see how long it takes before the person behind you is climbing in your back pocket.
The local supermarkets around here open till midnight. So the solution (for us at least) is to go late at night to avoid the weirdos. Not to mention, much shorter queue at the check outs. *nods*
ReplyDeleteIts been many years since I last lived in a place that had supermarkets open that late. I have to say, I think I prefer the people who work and shop at those hours. They're interesting people. :)
ReplyDelete