Monday, 3 February 2014

Not happy with Officeworks

Today I went to collect some office supplies for home, from OfficeWorks. They have some stuff that can only be ordered online, but with the option that if you don't want to pay for delivery, then you can collect it from the nearest Officeworks outlet of your choice.

This sounds pretty sweet until I went to collect my gear today. I hadn't ever made use of this before, but when I wandered into the store, the first thing that became apparent was that there was nothing clearly labelled as a collection point. The order is already paid for online, so all that is left is to turn up, present my order receipt and go.

The guys at the print desk only dealt with printing orders, so I found a guy at a checkout who was just finishing up serving a customer and he happily took my paperwork. After about 3minutes he came back and told me to line up in the only other checkout which was now 7 people long.

Despite my protests that it was already paid for, the answer remained the same, so another wait to stand in line to just pick up my box from the checkout desk.

To be honest, all up, it was only about 10min in store. But I didn't quite see why I had to queue in a checkout queue to pick up the box that the first guy had already run around to the back to bring up.

To top it off, I was reminded once again why you should open the box to check stuff in store: OfficeWorks no longer puts packaging in their boxes for online orders. The idea is to save materials, and reduce costs, to result in "savings for the customer". It also means that they jammed my ream of paper in sideways, now meaning I am the proud owner of 500 sheets of bent paper.

*sigh*

Well, later this week will be interesting as I also have a document printing order in with them that is still being processed, so I'll post on how that goes in a few days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment