Monday, 17 February 2014

Don't try this at home

Going back a few years, at least back to 2007, there was a trend of holiday makers photographing themselves jumping on hotel beds. A quick search on the internet turns up more and more ridiculous photos of people getting some pretty good height as they treat hotel beds as trampolines.

Obviously the hotel owners aren't impressed as this is not an activity that beds in general are designed for, so bed frames and mattresses have their service lives prematurely shortened.

Well I managed to break my own bed doing a similar thing. I don't stand on the bed and jump, but sometimes after a hectic day, I'm eager for a nap as a reward, so its tempting to leap into bed rather than ease myself in.

While it seems that the pine planks can manage holding up a heavy mattress, they don't do well with sudden applications of weight so two of the planks which had knots in their section, fractured and broke yesterday afternoon.

If you have an annoyed wife telling you to get that fixed before Bunnings shuts, then you pretty much learn to treat the bed with a whole lot more respect from then on. No more of this, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment