Pretty much if you've ever caught a public transport train, whether in your home town doing the commute, or when on holidays and touring sites, you would have had to encounter the myriad of stairs and escalators that all go with the stations that accompany any public transport system.
During my commute to work, I don't take the stairs nearly enough but I'll kind keep walking on the escalators to speed up my ascent/descent to where ever I'm going. The etiquette here is similar to most places when it comes to escalators which can fit two people across; people who relax and enjoy the escalator ride all stand on one side, and the free side is left available for those who like to walk up the escalator steps in the pretence that we're kinda exercising.
This morning, as I'm stepping up the escalator, and kinda breathing deep as I try to hustle my way to the next train, the guy in front of me farts in mid step and I get my lungs full.
He just keeps going pretending to be innocent while I collapse gasping for air and making a monkey of myself on the floor.
Now, several mouth rinses with water, 2 cups of tea, a banana and some other fruit later, the taste still haunts me. I don't know what I'd do if I ever see that guy again, but the problem is I'll only recognise his butt and that will have me in the position for him to do it all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment