Friday, 8 November 2013

Lindsey Stirling

Depending on whether you watch those tv talent game shows or not, you probably won't recognise that name. She's an American violinist, only 27 years old but remarkably talented and has stood out from many others by adding hip-hop and electronic styles to her perfomances. I've not really been much of a fan of instrumentals primarily featuring violins, but her music has been quite remarkable and very worthwhile listening to. You can check some of her stuff out on SoundCloud if you're ever curious. She's featured on America's Got Talent back in 2005, and it is interesting in seeing how she's managed to make a name for herself despite the number of people who said her fusion of violin with contemporary electronic and dubstep styles would never work.

It has me thinking that I've let alot of things slide, mainly due to finding it easier to sink hours into video games. For example I've got about $2,000 worth of wind and brass instruments idling away in a closet. I've got to pull that stuff out and get back into playing music.

My to-do list is starting to look kinda long...

No comments:

Post a Comment