Monday, 9 December 2013

Meow meow

Last friday, when talking to some of the guys at work about the weekend and stuff, I mentioned that I'd been teaching myself to juggle.

One of the other guys had taught himself a similar thing a number of years ago when he was still in uni. Apparently he used to moonlight as a bartender for a few years to supplement the costs of tertiary education. Anyway he was explaining the details of "flair bartending", and how he got into juggling with the intent of adding a bit more style and excitement to his work. The idea being that a better show for clients leads to a slight increase in tips, although he did say in the end that being gifted with looking cute trumped any skills a person could learn, hence some of the female bartenders always earned more tips without throwing bottles and glasses around.

In the process of explaining how he taught himself from a book on juggling, he mentioned about learning to juggle with different and odd shaped objects. I had been using a set of hackysacks, but it got me thinking that as I get better, I need to look progressing to beyond the training set of juggling balls.



On the weekend, I tried 3 kittens, and only dropped them a few times. Fortunately the little guys always land on their feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment