This weekend was a scorcher, and for an hour of sunday afternoon, I became increasing sweaty and gross as I shifted some surprisingly heavily furniture. This was compounded by not being really dressed for manual labour as I don't really think much about what the day potentially holds as I get ready to leave the house.
Anyway, at one point, hunched over a bed frame and trying to hold it steady while my father in-law worked on loosening some stubborn bolts, I was pondering the river of sweat down my face, a 40 degree day, and how this links to calorie consumption. Was I earning a gallon tub of ice cream for this afternoon of effort? Well a bit of a search across various fitness sites pretty much sunk that hope as sweating is all geared to moderating body temperature, not pushing calories out through the skin. So although it is true that heavy furniture around was better than slumping on the couch, it wasn't the pinnacle of Everest that I may have liked.
And this morning, some guys brought in 4 boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts to the office. Damn...
No comments:
Post a Comment