The idea was simple, but fairly clever, that as the character illustrated going to various locations where the typical American would not expect any cellphone coverage, Verizon would still be the most likely to provide reception. Verizon's main selling point was that they offered the best coverage across the USA, and just checking on opensignal.com, it seems they still do, more than 7 years on since I saw the ads.
The downside of the adverts is that they kind of got annoying quickly because the ad script was primarily that same person saying "can you hear me now?" over and over. Just search for that phrase on YouTube and you'll see for yourself.
And that brings me to what's eating me right now, and its the open plan office that I work in. Open plan is a concept that works with the idea that it fosters collaboration and a sense of equality across all staff. There is also the hope that people would goof off less as they are exposed to a larger number of colleagues who can see what they're doing. That of course doesn't guarantee anything as was seen by a worker at Macquarie Bank: http://www.smh.com.au/national/interest-in-assets-macquarie-worker-caught-ogling-pictures-of-miranda-kerr-live-on-tv-20100203-nbsi.html
In my workplace, I seem to have been more affected by people who either:
- choose to shout at each other across a few desks rather than walk across
- decide to talk loudly about the weekend, or recently about Taylor Swift, for 15min
- have daily loud personal phone calls with family
- have sinus trouble that results in constant regular sniffing, but never touch the box of tissues that are on their desk
Am I turning into one of those short-tempered grizzly old men who just don't tolerate anyone or anything?
*sigh* I need a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment