Monday, 31 March 2014

Scoundrels

Alot depends on the yard manager, but many of the larger caryards will keep a pool of umbrellas for that "extra mile" of customer service. This is because when it rains there are still alot of people who come into the yard with an umbrella of their own. Providing one for their use will not only make them more comfortable, but provides a convenient excuse for the salesperson to approach the customer uninvited and endeavour to work their way into a sale.

However, you will always get points where the customer insists on browsing alone for a bit longer, but wants to continue to avail themself of the umbrella. That's still good, because they'll come back to the office to drop it off, giving us a second line into probing for opportunities to make that sale.

Don't get annoyed, you're in the yard because you want a new car, right?

Anyway, what gets me, is that there are some people who don't bring the umbrella back. They keep it. And when I'm out and about, away from the yards and I see a person using one of those umbrellas, it burns me up.

It also means that the cheapskate yard I was at stopped providing umbrellas so I had to begin bringing my own. Believe me, I watched those ones like a hawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment